Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Packing...and Re-packing

 I forgot to post this last month: 

We have 10 days until we will be in the air, headed for Chiang Mai!  So, what are we up to?  We have been sorting, packing and weighing our luggage for days on end.

My sister's family, my brother, and parents helped us raise money by having a garage sale.  In 2 days we raised over $1,000!!!  Pretty amazing!!!  The Lord keeps providing for us in so many ways. We're thankful for the items that were donated, our family's dedication, and the generosity of others.

Many women have asked how I'm doing.  Well, here's the truth: 
How am I feeling?  I am excited to go! Sometimes really excited, can't wait to move into our home and start our ministry in Thailand....but I am sad to leave, sometimes tears running down my cheeks sad.  And that is the way I think it probably should be.

A word keeps coming up in my Bible study: "remember."  Remember who the Lord is, remember His promises, His commandments, how He chose us, remember He will not forget His children.  When we remember these truths, we are reminded that we can trust.  Failure to remember our Lord results in worry, just like the Israelites did soon after they left Egypt. 

I want to remember all that the Lord has done.  It pushes me forward,  like a big gust of Michigan wind before a fabulous thunderstorm :)

UPDATE:  We are in Chiang Mai and check out this picture of the mountain here.  The clouds reminded me of the pillar of fire by night and cloud by day that the Lord dwelt with the Israelites.  How awesome that the Lord impressed it on my heart to "remember" and He gave me this incredible visual!  

No comments:

Post a Comment